A couple of things that happened this week that I would like to share. I am trying to catch up on these posts so I can post them daily or every other day depending on how interesting my life is that day! I don't want to bore you to death, I wanna make you laugh and smile because I am laughing and smiling.
1) I told my mom I was pregnant. She is happy, but scared. Understandable. However, she did call the next day stating that grandma was calling. Super cute.
2) I made my OBGYN appointment. It is Nov 16th. New doctor since my current gyno isn't an obstetrician.
3) Got blood work done to make sure for the 4th time I was pregnant. They also did the whole pre-natal screen, HIV, HEP C and I requested the Toxoplasmosis since I have 2 wonderful cats who I have to clean up after since I am all alone at this point.
It is suggested that you do not change the litter box while pregnant because you may expose yourself to the Toxoplasma gondii parasite in their poop and it can cause fetal blindness and brain damage. It is normally transmitted to cats by eating dead birds and mice and then excreted in their feces. SO, being that my cats have never been outdoors, nor even thought about killing mice or birds, I think I am straight. However, I have taken the precautions of wearing gloves while changing the litter and washing my hands often. Here is more information on Toxoplasmosis.
4) My BOOBS are killing me. My nipples are constantly hard and feel like someone rubbed sand paper all over them. They are definitely perky though - that's a plus.
5) Gas, gas and freaking more gas. Burping in my sleep!
6) My back is starting to hurt again. For those that don't know I have two bulging discs at the L5-S1 and L4-L5 discs in my back. I have a history of back problems all starting from a horseback riding accident when I fell off a horse and got a hairline fracture in the vertebrae right at this location when I was 10 or so. So anyhow, this is freaking me out a bit with the pregnancy. I was on corticosteroids when I conceived, methylprednisolone. That made everything better, but it looks like it was only a temporary fix. However, my pain is not constantly now, it is intermittent. Not too worried about the effects, I did a PubMed search and even though there is not a lot of research on pregnancy and the effects on the fetus, it has been used a lot on pregnant women and is used in extremely high doses at the end of difficult pregnancies to fast track the development of the fetus' lungs.
Anywho, made an appointment next week with my doctor to go over what is next in my treatment.
7) Keep going to the gym and increasing my walking everywhere. Can't get started fast enough.
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment